Today just has to be a revisit as life is crazy. Hope you enjoy this one, first published in September.
From nondescript avatars to professional poses, web pictures run the gamut. And people who are otherwise very web-savvy sometimes don’t bother with a picture at all! Today’s post will help you see the importance of pictures.
7 Reasons for a Great Head Shot on the Web:
1. Prospective clients/buyers/friends/followers and frankly curious people can see
a) what you look like b) that you’re a real person c) that you clean up nice.
2. Avatars that are green spotted squares suggest you may have something to hide.
3. People are more likely to come back to your site again if they think you are a real, breathing person.
4. Sitting alone at your desk in your grubbies and unbrushed teeth, you can take pride that on the day of the picture, you looked awesome. If you could do it then, you can do it again. Some day.
5. A photographer’s head shot is the ultimate kindness. You can give your favorite professional plenty of touch-up practice.
6. Any of your detractors can print out a copy and use it for, well, that game where you throw sharp pointy things at a board and hope one sticks right in the middle. In the case of your picture, that would be right between the eyes.
7. We’re snoopy. Inquiring minds want to know. Oh, I can’t believe I used a quote from THAT mag.!
So put up your pics, folks. Really join the web world.
Do you have a great head shot on your site? Why or why not? Can you tell, it’s Friday and I really just wanted to do a light-hearted post? Consider leaving a comment below. (with your head shot?)