Have you ever had so many writing-related questions you just didn’t know where to turn? Either as a writer or as an editor or even an agent? Well I have. Finding Author Salon and working on my profile for the last month has helped me immensely to reshape my novel. This site is expressly for helping writers find markets, and agents, editors and producers find properties. Any member can sign in and peruse the projects listed there.
Here are 7 Reasons Why I’ve spent so much time at this.
1. Amazing, helpful and erudite videos are there for the viewing. What could be better than seeing and hearing successful writers explain their craft? They have years of experience out there and we writers can borrow on it very easily when we belong to Author Salon.
2. Writers will benefit from the how-to-pitch videos on the site. I have just begun to watch these and am excited about the possibilities awaiting.
3. There is a large group of talented people overseeing this project. People who have been in the writing business, from writers to agents to editors, have incredible experience to share.
4. Lots of other writers live there. We writers can help each other and commiserate with a fresh pair of eyes when the muse forsakes one of us. Invaluable.
5. As well as other writers, editors, agents, and even producers get to view my profile and interact with me. I might even find the person who will want my work.
7. There is a wonderful profile guide to help in filling out your own profile. Through it, I have tailored my writing and made it more salable for the writing market. One item I’ve worked very hard on is the opening to my historical novel. I needed to have the best hook there I could possibly find.
Check out Author Salon and leave me a comment about it. Is there anything missing? Anything you’d like to see there that isn’t?