I’ve won my very first blog award! Writer of paranormal books, Jessica Aspen, has awarded me the Irresistibly Sweet Award. Part of me thinks there must be some mistake but, nevertheless, I’m happy to join in. Thanks Jessica! (Jessica will be guest blogging here on February 10.)
Here are The Rules:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the Award on to 10 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact those buddies and let them know.
So today I will be fulfilling the requirements of The Rules!
Seven Random Facts About Myself. Hmm.
1. Even though I adore reading history and historical fiction, I hated history in high school. Thank goodness I got over that!
2. When I walked on the grass over Colonel John Butler’s grave in Niagara-on-the-Lake, I actually saw his Rangers running with their muskets over the bumpy grass into our Canadian destiny.
3. I would rather read a good historical fiction book than do just about anything. Sharon Kay Penman is a master of this genre.
4. I wish my brother was still alive as he would go with me to research our family’s Loyalist history, here in Ontario. He had a prodigious memory and delighted in learning new facts about almost anything.
5. When I wrote the first draft of The Loyalist’s Wife (then called Loyal to the Crown), I thought the next steps would be easy. The joke’s on me, but I’m still pushing forward.
6. My husband and two adult children have supported me in various ways: moral support by the truckload, buying me an ISBN number when I hardly knew what it was, and listening to me learn along this journey without complaint. They are the best.
7. I have also written about twenty songs, two cookbooks, one children’s story book for my grandchildren, and loads of short stories.
Here are some writers (and links to their sites) who are actively blogging and working at their craft. I tag each of them to do this same exercise, because this gives them a chance to be introspective but also to get their words out in Google-land and impress the web world. Have at it, folks!
Please feel free to comment or to try this Irresistibly Sweet Blog list for yourself. It does tend to make you sit back, take a good look at yourself, and ponder. What do you think about blog activities such as this one? Are they useful or do they just keep us from our real work?